The Fight

I posted on my Facebook page recently about my struggles with PTSD, Depression, and Anxiety. While I was met by many supportive comments I also was told that I had been to transparent and open about my fight. I choose to see these comments as ones that came from concern and love. Although slightly deflated I have decided that I will continue to post on my struggle and recovery here on this blog. I am not ashamed for my mental illnesses. They do not make me any less of a person.  Nor do they make anyone else struggling with these and more any less of a person. I heard a lyric the other day that struck a chord... in short it was saying Be the Change You Want to See in the World.  Well there are many things in this world that I would love to change but I am going to start by helping others as much as I can. No I am not trained in Psychology, Counseling, Medicine, or anything else that qualifies me to do so. However I feel that my experience with these mental illnesses can be helpful and I will be able to understand what others are going thru more then someone who hasn't been thru these things.  Below is my Post from Facebook I hope that others find this helpful.

Many of you are unaware that for many years I have been struggling with PTSD, Depression, and Anxiety. I know the feeling of drowning very well, it is a dark and scary hell in my mind at times. Last year was the hardest year to get thru with loss of a job as well as a few other losses. However because of someone who cared enough about me to push me into moving home and getting the help I so desperately needed. I have started on the upward battle back up this mountain. For those who also struggle with this PLEASE, talk to someone, find a support system, take care of yourself, but most of all KEEP FIGHTING. There is so much more to this life than the hell we are going thru right now. We are worth it, we are loved, we are special, we are enough, and we were put here for a purpose. Just remember the most important person to take care of is you and no one else. Know I am here to talk, however please know I will be putting my mental health first. Because I can't help anyone else if I'm killing myself by not taking care of me. 

Comments